What is google analytics?
Are you using it?
Are you using it properly?
Let’s talk about it.
Google Analytics is now the most widely used web analytics service on the Internet. A very less people who are fortunate are using Google Analytics. Not everyone using it is using it correctly. Even worse, some are not even using it. Approximately, Eighty percent of retailers are not using Google Analytics properly.
Another market share analysis claims that Google Analytics is used at around 49.95% of the top 1,000,000 websites.
Lets us see some tips to use Google Analytics.
1.) INCREASE ORGANIC TRAFFIC USING SEO QUERIES AND LANDING PAGE REPORTS
- Connect Google analytics with google webmaster tools
- Use SEO report withing google analytics to see keyword rankings, clicks and impressions
- Look keyword with more impressions
- Improve CTR of those keywords by improving the target of page titles and description.
You can increase your CTR by using following techniques:
1. Keep the titles around 56 characters
2. Make sure that info you provide matches the intention of keywords you’re getting most traffic from
3. User benefit driven copy- Basically describe how the info on that page can benefit the type of user coming through the keywords.
2.) INCREASE ORGANIC TRAFFIC THROUGH TRAFFIC SOURCES
First, find the top 5 keywords currently driving traffic. Then do following.
1 Tag them as alt tags for images
2 Update the image title with those words as well.
3 Ensure your descriptions and page titles include the same keywords to help improve ranking.
4 Use them as anchor text for internal links
5 Create more content based on keywords which drives you more traffic
3.) SPEND MORE TIME FOCUSED ON DRIVING ADDITIONAL TRAFFIC FROM OUR TOP SOURCES BY USING THE TRAFFIC SOURCES TOP REFERRERS REPORT
– Spend more time on replying to threads
– Spend more time looking for the topics that you can provide value to.
– Share more of your content to the community in a non-spamming way.
– Spend more time on the social media channel that is working best
-Find which exact posts are driving traffic. Once you know, Do more of them
4.) PRODUCE MORE CONTENT THAT RESONATES WITH YOUR AUDIENCE USING THE CONTENT OVERVIEW REPORT
– Find top content of your site
– Use this to develop a content plan that caters to what your audience wants
– Focus on creating complementary content that can increase user engagement and site time
5.) USE VISITS REPORT
– Find more optimal times to post by finding the most trafficked days to increase engagement.
– Promote more on social media on the respective channels that are sending more traffic.
6.) INCREASE YOUR CONVERSION RATE
-Narrow the report by traffic source, location, device, etc.
-Highlight traffic to a specific conversion page.
-Analyze the average drop off point in the funnel from landing to conversion.
– Use conversion optimization methods to improve the weak link.
– Setup in page surveys at the high drop off points using tools like Qualaroo to find out why users are dropping off.
– Based on the feedback, set up A/B tests to address objections.
– Do the same for all high drop off points in the funnel.
7.) OPTIMIZE FOR MOBILE UX THROUGH MOBILE REPORT
– Analyze whether you mobile users have a significantly higher bounce rate and time on the site.
– Use data to determine if the mobile usability can be improved.
– Check to see if your site is responsive and collapses without messing up the design.
-See which devices have the highest bounce rate.
– Find out where users are dropping off in the funnel on the mobile site. Then come up with A/B hypothesis.
8.) PERSONALISE CONTENT AND OFFERS USING THE AUDIENCE REPORTS
– Determine which audience segments prefer specific types of content and offers.
– Show each segment a dynamic targeted experience.
When it comes to the most consistent, most preferred type of traffic for your website, organic traffic through traffic sources is what you want. The point of using something like Google Analytics is to understand what the numbers mean for the future. That means keeping in mind what the results mean for the future of your marketing strategies. Through this analytical data, you have the ability to understand everything that works and doesn’t in a variety of elaborate, complex ways. You can build leaner, more ambitious strategies for marketing.